- Operate responsibly under the governance of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia and comply with all requirements for accreditation by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Establish reasonable standards of admission for all academic programs in accordance with the university mission and system policies for comprehensive universities.
- Offer access through University College to local students who meet system standards for admission to two-year institutions.
- Continually assess programs, services, and expected student learning outcomes.
- Seek external funding to increase resources and enhance quality.
- Assist and encourage students to become intellectually and ethically informed individuals with defined skills and knowledge, who are capable of leadership and creative endeavors and have an appreciation of the importance of lifelong learning.
- Maintain high-quality academic programs in which curricular offerings are continuously updated to meet the needs of a rapidly changing world and a dynamic career marketplace.
- Improve recruitment, retention, and satisfaction of students through effective marketing, adequate course offerings, convenient course scheduling, and programs that meet the needs of traditional and nontraditional students who are diverse in ethnicity, gender, background, age, and academic preparation.
- Hire, retain, and develop highly proficient faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Provide and maintain superior technology and facilities to support the university’s educational purposes.
- Make Augusta State University education as seamless as possible with K-12 and other accredited colleges and universities.
- Provide educational, cultural, and professional services to the community through continuing education programs, performing arts programs, faculty and staff public service and consultation, and technological resources and programs.
- Improve the community’s economic development by producing graduates who meet employers’ needs and expectations, by faculty and staff participation in economic development programs, and by marketing the university as an economic asset.
- Follow the most effective “best practices” for university business and services.