This page is maintained by the Office of Public Relations and Publications at Augusta State University. Please browse our pages to learn more about Augusta State and how Public Relations and Publications helps the university in achieving its mission of excellence in teaching, advancement of knowledge, and enrichment of the community. We bring you news and information about the people and programs of the university. Our office has responsibilities for the university’s media relations, publications, special events, photography for publications, and university imaging. The Office of Public Relations and Publications is located on the second floor of Rains Hall.
The mission of the Office of Public Relations and Publications is to enhance the image and visibility of the university through the various functions of media relations, publications, advertising, marketing, special events, and strategic public relations planning, thereby assisting the university and its administrative and academic departments in achieving the university’s goals. We accomplish our mission by meeting the following goals:
- To provide writing, design, photographic, and similar creative support services to the president, and academic and administrative units;
- To produce informational program brochures, which reflect consistent imaging, for all academic units programs;
- To service as liaison between the university and the media and the university;
- To publicize academic and professional achievements of our faculty and staff;
- To institute a consistent graphic design to university publications; and
- To bring about consistency in the use of university logos.