Augusta, Ga.- A historic 111-year old flagstaff has been restored to its place of honor at Augusta State University. The flagstaff was installed when the campus was a U. S. Army arsenal (1827-1955) and had been removed when it was damaged in a thunderstorm last year. The 110-ft. staff, constructed by the N. O. Nelson Factories in Leclaire, Ill., in 1901 is thought to be one of the few remaining Nelson staffs in use today. For more information, call Danielle Harris, media relations specialist in ASU’s Office of Public Relations and Publications, at 706-737-1876.
About Augusta State University
Augusta State University, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is strategically located in the second largest city in Georgia. Offering70 programs of study leading to associate, bachelor, master, and specialist degrees, the university successfully blends a strong liberal arts foundation with specialized degree preparation to ensure graduates have the knowledge and skills to succeed in a global environment. With an enrollment of nearly 7,000 diverse students, the university measures its success by the success of its students.